ADA Site Compliance Incorporated and its affiliates (collectively “ADASC”, “we”, or “us”) want you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose information from and about you because we understand you are concerned about your privacy, and we want to maintain your trust.
You may choose not to submit requested information online (see Other Information below), but that may limit the Services ADASC is able to provide to you.
The Services are not targeted to, and do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors under 18 years of age. We request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Services or the Site.
Information We Collect. ASC and our service providers may collect the following information from and about you:
- Personal Information From You. We collect Personal Information when, for example, you use, register for, or subscribe to certain products or services; create a profile; take a survey; use our Services; participate in a community forum; or contact Customer Service or otherwise contact us, including by email.
- Personal Information We Receive From Third Parties. We may receive Personal Information about you from third parties, such as social media services, commercially available sources, ASC Affiliates, business partners, and, if applicable to you, the third party provider of your subscription. The Personal Information we receive from third parties may include, for example, your name, contact information, information about your transactions, purchase history, or relationships with various product and service providers, and your use of certain applications.
- Other Information. “Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as browser information, information collected through cookies and other technologies, demographic information, and aggregated information.
- Other Information You Submit. We collect Other Information when you submit it to us. It may include your gender, zip code, birthday, education, occupation, and other information.
- Other Information We Receive From Third Parties. We may receive Other Information about you from third parties, including, for example, demographic data, and information about your activities on other websites.
- Other Information We Collect Automatically When You Are Online. When you access and interact with our Services, we and our service providers may automatically collect certain information about those visits. For example, in order to permit your connection to the Services, our servers receive and record information about your computer, device, and browser, potentially including your IP address, browser type, and other software or hardware information. If you access the Services from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device (“UDID”), geolocation data, or other transactional information for that device.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information.
How We Use Your Information. We use the Personal Information we collect from and about you to improve the user experience on our website, identify frequent visitors and for the following purposes: To provide product, fulfill an order, or complete a transaction. To ensure that the products and services you purchase are up-to-date and operating correctly, and to provide the appropriate level of support.
We may use your information to improve the content of our Website, products, and services; to alert you to product upgrades, updates, and renewal information regarding your products or services; and to share special offers, product announcements, and other new services from ADASC. When you register or make a purchase, we offer you the opportunity to opt into or out of these uses of your information. If you do not choose to opt out initially, you may still block future contact of this type simply by following the unsubscribe instructions that accompany all such communications, or by contacting us at the above address.
We email service notifications to inform you about the status of your service orders or accounts, and to provide updates and technical notices. For instance, Participants, depending on the Services they have opted to purchase, may receive daily, weekly, or monthly reports via email. These messages are essential to maintain your service and the functionality of our services, so there is no opt-out available for service notifications, and these messages cannot be blocked. We follow strict best practices for e-mail marketing and customer contact.
Security. ADASC uses a combination of administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard Personal Information in its possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption for any requested Personal Information. However, no one can guarantee the complete safety of your information. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting Customer Service in accordance with the instructions below.
Location of Data. Your Personal Information may be stored, transferred to, and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using our products and services, you consent to the processing and transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country.
Linked Services. The Services may also be linked to sites operated by third parties, and may carry advertisements or offer content, special offers, or functionality developed and maintained by third parties. Some of these third party sites may be co-branded with a ADASC logo, even though they are not operated or maintained by us.
Your California Privacy Rights. California Law permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at email@example.com and include your name and the address to which you would like us to respond.
Cookies and Tracking
Our website may place a cookie in your browser which allows us collect information about your behavior on our website and other websites. This allows us to tailor our website to fit our user’s needs the best.
Adasitecompliance.com also uses 3rd party vendor re-marketing tracking cookies. This means we will continue to show ads to you across the internet. As always, we respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information through the use of Google’s or any other 3rd party remarketing system.
How to change your cookie settings
If you do not want cookies to be placed on your device, please change your browser’s settings to block and/or delete cookies. The following links have information on changing cookie settings in most browsers:
We ask that you not disclose any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background, or trade union membership) when contacting us.